An investor is suing Kim Kardashian; boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr.; Corridor of Fame basketball participant Paul Pierce, and the cofounders of Ethereum Max for allegedly colluding to advertise the cryptocurrency final spring in a pump-and-dump scheme, in line with papers filed on Jan 7.
- The investor, Ryan Huegerich, introduced the within the Central District of California as a category motion “on behalf of all buyers who bought EthereumMax tokens (“EMAX Tokens”) between Could 14, 2021 and June 27, 2021, and have been broken thereby.” He’s in search of buyers to affix the category.
- On June 14, 2021, Kardashian promoted the newly launched coin to her then-228 million Instagram followers. Buying and selling quantity on that day jumped 35% to US$30 million, however the value fell 17% from US$0.00000023, in line with .
- Mayweather and Pierce promoted EMAX in Could. The three celebrities have been paid money or tokens for his or her promotions, the go well with alleges.
- At the moment the value of EthereumMax has fallen by 98% from its peak.
- Celebrities and influencers have gotten into scorching water with the U.S. Securities and Trade Fee for selling crypto, together with and , who collectively paid fines and penalties of US$767,500 in 2018. Earlier this 12 months Elon Musk responded to rumors the SEC was investigating him about his tweets admiring Dogecoin. he tweeted.